Josh Williams (Park ward councillor)
16 April 2014
I'm Josh Williams, Reading resident for over 15 years. From a political family, and after working for a decade in IT, I am now a writer of historical fiction, and a community activist and campaigner.
As a writer I have the flexibility to devote time to local causes.
I am passionate about my local community and over the last few years have been involved in:
- Raising money and awareness for local charities.
- Working with volunteers who go into local schools and provide one to one learning time with children having difficulty reading.
- Reading RESCUE clearing up litter and flytipping.
- Play Streets, so children can get outside and play with other children.
- The Greens, as someone who lives in the heart of Newtown.
- Campaigning for road safety and against dangerous parking.
- Collecting signatures from local residents calling for 20mph zones near all our homes and schools.
- Presenting a petition to the Full Council meeting asking them to sort out the serious traffic problems on the Wokingham Road.
- I understand the local issues, because I am local. I will be a voice for Park, from Park.
- work hard all year round.
- defend our public services on the council.
- defend our local and small businesses.
- keep a constant watch on how decisions affect our cherished green spaces.
- stand up for all residents of Park Ward.
I'm proud to live in Park Ward, and I'd be prouder still to represent us on the Council.
As Government policies are adversely affecting more and more of us, there has never been a better time to get involved with the work of the Green Party.
Any help you can give us, from delivering newsletters to making a donation, will make a real difference to getting more Greens elected in your area, so together we can fulfil our Green vision for a healthier, fairer, and affordable future for everyone.
Click here for more information.
Sign up for our monthly email newsletter