Josh Williams (Park ward councillor)
16 April 2014
I'm Josh Williams, Reading resident for over 15 years. From a political family, and after working for a decade in IT, I am now a writer of historical fiction, and a community activist and campaigner.
As a writer I have the flexibility to devote time to local causes.
I am passionate about my local community and over the last few years have been involved in:
- Raising money and awareness for local charities.
- Working with volunteers who go into local schools and provide one to one learning time with children having difficulty reading.
- Reading RESCUE clearing up litter and flytipping.
- Play Streets, so children can get outside and play with other children.
- The Greens, as someone who lives in the heart of Newtown.
- Campaigning for road safety and against dangerous parking.
- Collecting signatures from local residents calling for 20mph zones near all our homes and schools.
- Presenting a petition to the Full Council meeting asking them to sort out the serious traffic problems on the Wokingham Road.
- I understand the local issues, because I am local. I will be a voice for Park, from Park.
- work hard all year round.
- defend our public services on the council.
- defend our local and small businesses.
- keep a constant watch on how decisions affect our cherished green spaces.
- stand up for all residents of Park Ward.
I'm proud to live in Park Ward, and I'd be prouder still to represent us on the Council.
m: 07766 234 602 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
As Government policies are adversely affecting more and more of us, there has never been a better time to get involved with the work of the Green Party.
Any help you can give us, from delivering newsletters to making a donation, will make a real difference to getting more Greens elected in your area, so together we can fulfil our Green vision for a healthier, fairer, and affordable future for everyone.
Click here to get involved.
Sign up for our monthly email newsletter